Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress

Last night I was going to watch The People's Choice Awards but I there were other shows I wanted to watch so...... I didn't. I did, however, catch Neil Patrick Harris win an award for best comedic actor in a sitcom. I usually don't get "emotional" for lack of better words when celebrities make acceptance speeches but last night I was able to sit next to my daughter and explain why what he said in his speech was monumental. No it didn't appear as if he had prepared something to say but the fact they we, society, have finally progressed to the point that he can openly thank his partner and acknowledge their children is a beautiful thing. It is sad to think that it has taken so long. Ironically the people that have such a problem with same sex marriage and same sex relationships are not affected by it. I will never understand where people feel that they have the right to tell people who to love. After he accepted his award, I changed the channel. I decided to let it end on a good note. I didn't want it to turn all "Brett Farve."

No comments: