Friday, January 7, 2011

A new year.

Everyone always hopes that the new year will be better than the last. I hope that rings true for everyone this year. We had a quite the financial rough patch last year but were luckier than most. There were so many people that lost everything. Their jobs, their homes, their families even their lives. It is a sad but unfortunate fact that there have been parents that have felt like they had no other way out than to kill themselves. Rather than leave their children orphaned and alone with nothing they have often taken their child's life too. Sad, but I think that they must feel like there is no other way out.

Our society is so blinded by fancy clothes, fancy cars, nice jewelry, tanning beds and Jersey Shore. I am always trying to understand why people constantly are on a mission to impress everyone else. If the recession hasn't been a wake up call for people, I don't know what will. Don't get me wrong, I love my computer and my cable but at the end of the day I know these things are not necessities.

With that being said. My hopes for the new year are:

* That my family and friends stay healthy
* That everyone has what the need to survive
* That everyone can find happiness
* That I can get some home improvement done on the house
(I do it myself so it is a slooooooooooow process)
* Oh and I would like to read Decision Points by George W. Bush


No comments: